>DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE< Super Bowl pregame 2011

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union."

Thursday, January 20, 2011

~A CAKE FOR BETH'A'REA'~

     An acquaintance I work with asked if I could make a cake for a fellow driver, and this is what I came up with.
     Well a little bit of story goes with this as always; there's a story.
She was specific about what flavor, okay, smashed bananas in the cake mix, got it, baking the cake and getting it out of the pan is a whole other issue, always grease and flour the pan, no matter what. I only had one pan, and wanted 2 layers, OK, the 2nd layer fell apart when trying to get it out. UGH,UGH,UGH, only one layer, fine.
     As the weather would have it SNOW, oh man, SNOW, yea, cake didn't come out the way I wanted, only one layer remember, saved by the weather, not so fast girly', not enough snow to call off school, and I am under prepared, didn't make the fondant; great, got fondant stored in the fridge, just enough to cover the one layer, now what decoration for cake, leftover fondant from cake turned into flowers and painted with editable gel coloring.
     If all else failed there is always Kroger's Angel food cake with whipped creme icing and strawberries. My favorite.
   This is what I came up with at 3:30 this morning when I realized:
                                                     "get up you have to work today"

I hope her birthday is as special as her friends want it to be for her.



'til next time

wild clover





No comments:

Post a Comment