>DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE< Super Bowl pregame 2011

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union."

Friday, March 11, 2011

~ Lana"s Cakewalk ~

Lana's Cakewalk
136 S. Oakland
Decatur, Illinois
                                
Telephone: 217-872-1313


     I had noticed as I drove by the corner of W. Wood St and S. Oakland, in Decatur, A new sign saying, "Lana's Cakewalk" now open, I wondered ? Today I went for a peek just to see. They have large windows for window shopping. Just like back in the day when you would actually walk where you wanted to go and could see what the merchant had for sale that day. It's in an older part of Decatur, by Millikin University, location, location, location. I am really happy to see something like this come back to the area.
      There was a simple but beautiful wedding cake on a 3-tier stand. White frosting with lt. blue, white & yellow trimmings. Cupcakes, boy, oh boy, do they have cupcakes. Cupcakes anyway you want them. Small cheesecakes, I bought 5, with toppings, but I had no other choice, (I don't care for toppings). Creme horns, cookies. Anything pastry was there or you can order it.
     She had a small price guide;
Just a little something for anyone looking for another alternative than a Walmart cake.

BELOW IS A PRICE LIST I PICKED UP WHILE I WAS THERE:


FACING SIDE OF FREE HAND OUT



REVERSE SIDE OF FREE HANDOUT
I'm sure they wouldn't mind the free publicity.

"Lana's Cakewalk* does not make Fondant cakes,
that's what the little lady behind the counter told me when I asked.
I wanted to share this as another opportunity, for you to search for the perfect cake for your perfect day.

I do not make iced cakes, I like for them to be smooth, and have a very good fondant recipe.


'til next time,

wild clover



No comments:

Post a Comment